There are a lot of people who would prefer a government entity for getting the FASTag. If you are among those people then you can apply for the FASTag from SBI as well. This is the largest public bank in India and they do offer such services to their valued customers. The only problem here is that the online application procedure has presently been disabled by SBI so you would have to apply for the FASTag using the offline procedure. We have listed the procedure in the section below and we have also shared the contact numbers of the SBI FASTag Customer Service so that they can look into any issue or query that you face.
Why should I Buy FASTag from SBI?
Here are some of the reasons why you should apply for FASTag from SBI:
- The services from SBI are a lot more reliable and there are no chances of bank failures as well. Your money is going to be safe.
- There no excess charges since it is governed by the government of India.
- You will also get 2.5% cashback on all the transactions made via SBI FASTag. This translates into a good amount of savings.
- You can recharge your account using Credit Card, Debit Card, Net Banking, IMPS, UPI, and other such methods
- The bank also sends a notification for the transaction via SMS so that you can track the expenses.
- The minimum balance amount is also the lowest among all the financial institutes.
Steps to Buy FASTag from State Bank of India
If you do not prefer a private bank then you also have an option to buy the FASTag from the State Bank of India. Follow the process listed below to apply for the FASTag using SBI.
- You can apply for the SBI FASTag by visiting fastag.onlinesbi.com.
- On this website, you can check the POS/Agent Location and you will see a list.
- Enter your PIN Code or City and the nearest POS will be displayed for you.
- You can now visit the POS to apply for the FASTag. Remember to carry your ID Proof, Address Proof and Registration Certificate with you.
- After visiting the POS, fill in the form for getting the FASTag and attach the documents. Once you submit the documents, you will get the FASTag immediately.
- The FASTag will be activated in 2 days and you can then start using the FASTag.
We have listed the process for applying for the FASTag for SBI. In addition to this, you will find POS kiosk near the toll plaza and you can apply for FASTag from their as well. If you apply for FASTag using the POS, you will receive it immediately. You can contact SBI for the FASTag related queries on 1800 11 0018. You can even send them an email at [email protected] or [email protected]. Ensure that you always have balance in your prepaid account so that you do not have to worry about having cash at the toll plaza.